Tankograd Publishing specialise in titles mainly relating to Soviet and
Eastern Bloc WWII and post-war vehicles. Each of the publications being reviewed
are soft covered, A4 centre-stapled format, with high quality glossy paper and
plenty of colour pictures.
Each book is packed with detail, mainly in the form of captioned photographs.
There is a good mix of photos of vehicles in service and in museums, as well as
relevant technical drawings. The text is all in English.
Tankograd Gazette is a regular quarterly publication. The review sample is Issue
No. 12, April 2001. Contents comprise:
- The KV-2 during Operation Barbarossa (great wartime shots of abandoned
vehicles, plus colour museum detail photos).
- The BMP-2 in SFOR Service (a short colour feature)
- Czech Halftracks 1945-1970 (from the Sd.Kfz. 251D to the Tatra OT-810 APC)
- T-34 Cooling System Maintenance (Part Four of a regular series)
- The BA-10/BA-10M Armoured Car (another useful reference pice with wartime
and museum photos)
- Soviet Superheavy Nuclear Artillery
- Beltring War and Peace Show 2001 (a one page summary)
- 1L22-1 PAROL IFF System (museum reference photos)
- The T-28 in Wehrmacht Service
The other publication, "US Army Heavy Wreckers of World War
II", is No. 1001 in a new Military Vehicle Series. The Ward LaFrance
and Kenworth M1/M1A1 family of wreckers is well covered in captioned photos and
This will be essential reading for anyone contemplating building the Accurate
Armour Ward LaFrance wrecker in 1/35 scale.